The library of the Faculty of Law Osijek of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek was founded in 1973 within the study programme of law at the Faculty of Economics in Osijek. On 10 September 1975 the Faculty of Law became an independent institution with its own organisational units (including the library).
From a small room (today part of the Students’ service on the ground floor of the main building) the library grew into a modern faculty library by adapting and expanding the library holdings in accordance with the needs of its users. In 2014 the Faculty received the status of the European Documentation Centre which is part of the Library.
The Library is located on the ground floor of the Faculty building in Radićeva Street No 13 and covers the area of 410 m2 including the teachers’ and students’ reading rooms, the European Documentation Centre, lending department, library head office, storage room for books, journals and other library material. The closed storage room for books and other facilities comprise the total of app. 1300 m of shelves.
The service at the Library has been adapted to current IT changes in order to respond to the challenges of the modern library usage. The Library holdings are integrated into library information system CROLIST which is part of the University library system. The library has a successful cooperation with other libraries, in particular with the libraries of other faculties of law in the Republic of Croatia and the region, which is conducted by exchange of information, interlibrary loan, exchange and gifts in form of legal, professional and research literature. The Library is a member of the South East European Association of Law and related Libraries (SEALL).
- Ljiljana Siber, Librarian Adviser, MLS, LLM
- e-mail: email@example.com
- tel: +385 31 224 522
- Rajko Odobaša, PhD, Associate Professor, president
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nataša Lucić, PhD, Associate Professor, member
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Davor Muhvić, PhD, Assistent Professor, member
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ljiljana Siber, senior librarian, mag. bibl., mag. iur., member
- e-mail: email@example.com
The loan department
- Blanka Salatić, senior librarian, mag. iur.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jasna Dolić, graduated librarian, mag. oec.
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Dražen Dujak, graduated librarian, mag. informatol.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roberta Subjak, librarian, mag. cult.
- e-mail: email@example.com
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel.: +385 31 224 521
- fax: +385 31 224 540
- fb: facebook.com/knjiznica.pravos
- adress: Stjepana Radića 13, 31000 Osijek, Croatia
The mission of the Library of the Faculty of Law in Osijek is to support and enable free access to available information sources in accordance with the requirements of the teaching plan and study programmes and the research and scientific work of the teaching staff.
The Library’s vision is to secure the quality of students’ academic and lifelong education and provide adequate conditions for scientific and research work of the researchers and teachers through professional attitude, a well-equipped library, expert and systematic library collection building and provision of rapid and simple access to databases and other information sources. Through systematic development of information literacy, the Library seeks to encourage its users to learn and explore in order to gain knowledge and skills in creating new values in a knowledge-based society that respond to modern-day societal challenges.